Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Nutcracker

Ballet Idaho was bought out this year by a new management and things have been a bit different. The auditions were grueling. 80 children tried out for Kortlyn's part and only 20 made it. The rehearsals have been long and a lot of them. If Kortlyn didn't love it so much and wasn't so good at it, I most definitely would not have her do it. They keep telling us that this is going to be a historic year for the Nutcracker in Idaho. The special effects are supposedly top notch. I was pretty impressed with last year's. I will be interested to see how they top it. The Professional dancers are very talented and amazing to watch. I feel thrilled that Kort can be a part of it. I know that some of the shows are sold out. But I think there are still tickets for Sat. night's performance. Just call Select-A-Seat.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I didn't realize it was so competitive. Kort must be very proud of herself. We can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete